and saving lives.
A Specialised Air Ambulance Service, ICATT is the only Comprehensive Patient Transfer Solution that is owned and led by doctors with over 14 years of domain knowledge and experience in the field of Aero Medical Transfers.
Our doctors have gone through one of the world’s best training programs in the UK in Critical Care/Anaesthesia, Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine and ECMO (Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenator).
The gruelling training of our doctors at the NHS (National Health Service) has helped incorporate the culture of clinical governance. Our highly trained flying medics team of doctors and paramedics have taken this opportunity to introduce the same system in India under ICATT.
ICATT has forged a distinguished reputation, marked by its medical leadership steered by dedicated ICU and air ambulance intensivists.
Intensivists and Aero Medical Emergency Experts
Prior to ICATT, Dr. Sardar was posted in Scotland, Greater Glasgow and Clyde Deanery. He lead the Aeromedical Retrieval and Repatriation team that carried out both, Category 1 as well as planned transfers using helicopters and fixed wing aircrafts.
This job involved being on challenging geographical and rough weather conditions of the Highlands along with complex medical scenarios. The attributes of Teamwork, Leadership, Situational awareness and contingency planning were ingraind. He presented his work on Aeromedical services in The World Congress of Critical Care in Lisbon, Portugal (European Society of Intensive care Medicine).
He further pursued his interest in Pre hospital Trauma and Critical Care by getting trained in Expedition Medicine and completed his module in Chamonix from France WMT (Wildernesses Medical Training).
During his Higher Specialist training in Anaesthesia, in The Northwest Deanery, Manchester, Dr. Sardar was awarded the Robbie McKendric prize by ANWICU (Association of Northwest Intensive Care Units) for his work on Cardiorespiratory Monitoring during transfer of Critical Patients.
Dr. Sardar is one of the Founding Members of ICATT. Apart from bringing his skill set home to India, his ambition is to make ICATT a pioneer in Specialised, Structured Aeromedical Services - at par with the best in the sector. He has a special interest in ECMO and his dream is to launch the first ever dedicated Airbourne ECMO team with its own portable kit and Specialists.
She has gained extensive experience working in the Tertiary Intensive Care Unit in Belfast for three years which mainly deals with trauma. She is associated with Europe’s leading Air ambulance company and has transferred Level 2 to Level 3 patients across the world.
She was able to retrieve patients from 5 countries, 2 continents in 72 hours and has undeterringly airlifted patients from Libya in midst of the turmoil.
She was also part of the Panel at the 6th Annual Conference of Indian College of Anaesthesiologists in collaboration with University of Minnesota, USA, Nov 2014. Dr. Nalwad is an ECMO specialist from Leicester Glenfield Hospital UK, (June 2015) and will be launching the first ever Airborne ECMO in India.
Realising the gaps in Indian medical system she, along with others have associated to form ICATT, which can help make the emergency medical transfer a reality in India and also make it affordable to the needy.
To provide an Aeromedical Service in India and abroad, the quality of which is at par with the best in the sector.
To provide the best possible medical care in the most challenging of clinical areas and to bring the world’s best air-based emergency medical services to India.
Keeping Values at the Centre of Everything: Passion, Patient-Centricity & Professionalism, we work within the framework and ethos of clinical governance.
Understanding the need for Air Ambulances in India
An air ambulance is often seen just as a means of transport for a critical patient. We are here to tell you, that it is in fact much more than that. Our aeromedicine is an extremely specialised field.
The stability and in-transit care of the patient is of utmost importance without which, transferring the patient could lead to further deterioration in their condition. Before you opt for any air ambulance service, it is imperative that you understand if your loved one requires the service and how it will impact their well-being.
Talk to our team of specialists so they can help you take the right decision.
- ICATT was conceptualized by Dr. Rahul Singh Sardar and Dr. Shalini Nalwad. Intensivists and Flying Doctors in UK with more than a decade of experience in the field.
- ICATT got the feasibility study for Air Ambulance Services for India.
- ICATT does the First ever Aeromedical Workshop with joint faculty from Airmed, UK. Won the Excellence Award: “Innovation in Emergency Medicine” at Emergency Medical Conference (EMCON).
- ICATT was introduced at the Egyptian International Trauma Conference as special guests and faculty to talk about HEMS in Developing Economies.
- ICATT did the first ever International Patient transfer on ECMO from Doha to Chennai for Heart and Lung Transplant.
- Invited to speak on Airborne ECMO in the World Congress of ELSO at Doha Organized by Hamad Medical Corporation, Qatar.
- Multi-national Aeromedical Workshop Lead by ICATT along with Kent Surrey Susse (KSS HEMS), UK and Airmed, UK at EMCON 2016.
- India’s first live Drill of HEMS in Madurai at EMCON 2016 done by ICATT. Demonstration of Road side resuscitation by landing a HEMS helicopter in the car park.
- First International Aviation Medicine Meet organized by ICATT at Delhi, bringing together NHAI, DGCA, Society of Emergency Medicine and Insurance Providers to create a platform for HEMS in India.
- Joint Training sessions with Greater Sydney Area HEMS teams, Doctor Exchange Program and combined Clinical Governance Teleconferences.
- Invited by Airbus to be part of the Panel, along with ADAC HEMS of Germany and Thailand Air ambulance.
- MOU with SEMI – Society of Emergency Medicine of India for training and accessing Emergency Medicine trained doctors.
- Tied up with major corporate hospitals with a presence in over 5 states catering to patients with a combined capacity of over 20,000 beds.
- In discussions with NHAI and DGCA to work on the pilot project on HEMS.
- Insurance Companies to provide packages for HEMS as well as Planned Transfers.
- Launched FAM: Fellowship in Aeromedical Sciences Intense training program for Flying Doctors in association with GHA and HEMS services from UK, Australia, Germany and Norway.
- Advanced negotiation with Governments of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala and Maharashtra for waiver/reduced landing and parking charges.
- Provided HEMS Coverage for Kerala flood
- World Record – World Book of Record for Mass Community Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training (CPR) with the highest number of students 28,762 from School/ Colleges at different Location at Chitra Durga, Karnataka, India on a single day.
- Winner for the category Women Power in Health Tech, Women Power Summit & Awards, held at Bombay Stock Exchange, Mumbai.
- National Business Excellence & Achiever’s Award 2021
- Best Woman Entrepreneur of the year 2021 by FOWE.
- Airlifted Very Critical Patient on ECMO from Afghanistan to India during complete Covid Lockdown
- Record in Airlifting Covid Positive Patients in German Isolation Pod
- India’s Longest Aeromedical Transfer from USA to India in 26Hrs
- Airlifted Patient from Israel to Bangalore hours before HAMAS attack
- One among the top 10 Winners of India Startup Festival Pitch Contest selected over 1100 pitches.
- NSRCEL – Certificate of Completion of Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women Program (Indian Institute of Management) IIM, Bangalore.